Spinach Pizzetta courtesy of Pepperplate & Food52.com
1 very large handful spinach
1 tablespoon creme fraiche
1/4 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small handful grated Parmesan
flaky sea salt and black pepper
1 large golf-ball-sized piece pizza dough
1 small free-range egg
1. Preheat your oven to its highest setting (500F or above). At the same time put the pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven to heat up
2. Now you need to blanch your spinach. Take a very large handful (spinach reduces in volume dramatically when cooked) and plunge the levels into boiling salted water for one minute.
3. Remove the spinach and plunge into ice-cold water. Squeeze dry and finely chop what will now be a smaller handful. Add the creme fraiche, garlic, about three-quarters of the Parmesan, a pinch of salt and grind of pepper. Mix together to form a deep-green paste.
4. Roll the dough out to around 8 inches diameter. Evenly spread the spinach picture over the pizza base making sure it is slightly raised at the edges, creating a tiny wall. Crack an egg into the center and place on your pizza stone in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
5. One minute before your pizza is ready, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and grinding of black pepper
6. Please don't overcook. It is essential that the egg is runny when served.
Dr. John Chunn
Board Certified Pediatrician
What do you think?
COPA wants to exceed your expectations as the families and caregivers of the children we serve. We appreciate any feedback you can provide on how we're doing and how we can improve.