Carrot Ginger Pumpkin Soup courtesy of Pepperplate & Food52.com
2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
1 small ginger root, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth + 3 c. water
1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
pinch of curry powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; sauce for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the broth, water, carrots, and pumpkin to the pot and heat until boiling.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Puree the soup in batches using a blender or a food processor.
6. Season with curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Dr. Dale Svendsen
Board Certified Pediatrician
What do you think?
COPA wants to exceed your expectations as the families and caregivers of the children we serve. We appreciate any feedback you can provide on how we're doing and how we can improve.